Home Forums Amiga Scene Unit A and Paranoimia

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Annatar
    Participant

Also any proof of brains being arranged whatever you think they are does just point to your lack of scientific references.”

Buddy, you need to go to medical school, or take a United States medical licensing exam preparatory classes – this is taught as part of standard medical courses and you need to know it in order to pass the medical licensing exam.

50% of intelligence is genetically inherited, the other 50% is brain development. Environmental influences (or lack thereof) are crucial at the brain development stage, but if one is borderline retarded or just at the cusp of normal intelligence quotient, becoming a scientist or an engineer will prove mighty difficult, if nigh impossible.

The schools here are literally struggling to teach students, from elementary to university, and the kids just DON’T GET IT. They do not have the mental capacity. I did not believe it until I saw it for myself. In addition, the parents don’t apply themselves, and don’t push their kids, making the problem even worse. Welcome to the country of pickup trucks, sport utility vehicles, minivans, gasoline guzzling and eating and talking on the mobile phone while driving because people here are DUMB.

Stereotypes exist because they are true.

Look at North East Crackers (“NEC”): one of the most successful groups on the C=64, but it was not so, until a Hungarian immigrant came to the United States and made it so.

If the good schools are too expensive because their full revenues come from students and their parents, there will be no empowerment. Children of poor people will probably remain poor.”

We have some of the best public schools in the world here, and unlike Europe, where teachers didn’t give a shit and made one “piss blood” (as we so lovingly referred to the ordeal), teachers here are doing their best and hardest to teach kids, way more than they do in Europe (and I am in a very good position to make that comparison, having gone to, AND CONQUERED the tortures of the European education system). The teachers here are really, really trying hard to teach our kids, but the kids just struggle. Smart kids do great here, better than great, our public schools in the United States give them the opportunities I certainly didn’t have while attending schooling in Europe, because in Europe, my teachers didn’t give a rat’s ass whether I did well or not. In fact, they made it a sport to try and trip us up and flunk us at every turn and opportunity. In the European education system, it was survival of the most intelligent. If I had not had the brains, I would have crashed and burned, and crashed and burned hard.

So to counteract your claim: there are phenomenal education opportunities here, and our public schools are paid for by the taxpayers, just like they are in Europe, only more directly, we pay taxes to the school, rather than to the state treasury. If you are a really good student here, you will get high scores on the standard aptitude tests (“SAT”), and you can apply for, and are very likely to get scholarships. I know this, because I did exactly that. As an honor roll student, I had scholarships pay for good part of my tuition. Just for having good grades!
    Again, the problem is not our education system which is excellent, the problem is dumb kids and even dumber parents. Kids would be at least partially salvageable if the parents weren’t such dumbasses. And that, my friend, is directly tied to their lack of education, which is in turn directly tied to their low intelligence quotient:
    one does not know what do to because one does not know enough about anything, and one does not know enough because one is not capable of learning it.
    EvilPriest
    Participant

I ran Paranoimia WHQ in US (Pure Evil) before the split. From what I remember, Skid Row was huge, and I wanted to move up, so me and beatbox formed Hysteria. I found a really good supplier by chance, and beatbox knew some wiz cracker, but I didn’t get to enjoy things for long due to my extracurricular activities with MOD and carding, so had to go on the run and put the bbs in a friend’s house, so had no more time with running warez when i was running till 6 months later they got me. memories…. 

plagueis
    Participant

The United States is a two-party corporate polyarchy.  (you’ve got a choice – Pepsi or Coke?) You can vote, but it’s one corporate platform or the other, which both stand for the same thing == your oppression.  This is a recipe for tyranny, fear and suffering…few can see well enough to escape from this cocoon, and fewer still have the courage to step up from complacency and consider the welfare of others.  This insular ideology is encouraged by popular U.S. culture and is bought and sold to a cowed down populace by the wealthy ‘masters of society’ (Adam Smith).  American (probably all) capatalism facilitates, catalyzes, and perpetuates this.  It cannot be reformed, Chomsky, Zinn, Goldmann, Bakunin, and others have shown this since the 1800’s.  We all pitch in to help aid this process when we become lost in consumerism, and we burn any chance of freedom…particularly to those outside the borders.

Planners (like the Rand Corporation et. al) know that a decline in science and math education helps their rich welfare state.

As for the bs of Eugenics (the refuted belief that other “races” have different neurological genetic makeups), it was disposed of by breakthroughs in the study of DeoxyriboNucleicAcid over 15 years ago.  I’m sure even Watson and Crick were skeptical of Eugenics, but then again they stole the crystalline structure of DNA from a woman and took credit + the nobel prize.  So nope…science isn’t worth it if there is a human price.  Of course, science is probably humanity’s only hope.  That and a populace willing to admit that it’s worth putting yourself, your family, your kids and everything else on the line just to make sure that people in other countries you’ve never met, and have never been to before – have enough food to eat.  And that’s more important than whether or not your brain or dick or IQ is bigger than someone in Germany.  And if you don’t think that’s right you can fuck off and eat chowder.

Lordee
    Participant

Just found this short mention of Paranoimia in Scene Press #01 (C-64 diskmag):

“The Amiga group Paranoimia has trouble with Rainbow Arts. Reason is: at the Radwar V4 Paranoimia already had the original of X-Out. Then they asked the company what they would give them if they don’t release it – R.A. just said ‘Fuck off!’. In revenge Paranoimia released X-Out 3 weeks before the company could and that’s what they wrote in their scrollers, too.

‘Faster than the company themself!’.

Result is that Rainbow Arts is hunting for the guys who are guilty that Paranoimia got it so early…”

WayneK
    Participant

Haha, that’s a risky move – baiting the company whose game you just released early!  Also insulting them in the scroller “… it was the first Rainbow Arts game worth cracking”.

bitman
    Participant

so who was the original supplier for this game?

#3317 Lordee:
    ‘Faster than the company themself!’.

Result is that Rainbow Arts is hunting for the guys who are guilty that Paranoimia got it so early…”

Zeronine
    Participant

They probably got it / copied it from members of the development team / Rainbow Arts employees. Back then a lot of game development teams where linked to the demo / cracking scene somehow.

Loki
    Participant

@Zeronine: Did u send the font to the Sunriders at the end? 😀

Codetapper
    Participant

Realistically, what did Paranoimia think Rainbow Arts were going to do? Pay them a ransom and hope they didn’t release the game? Even if they had paid something, there’s nothing to say they wouldn’t have released the game anyway, so Rainbow Arts did the only thing they could. I would have done the same!

BrainWalker
    Participant

“what do we get if we dont release it” was meant as a joke and provocation. we all were outside of the disco standing together and joking around. RA didnt expected that we had already the original and was pissed off. but we never expected to get anything from RA. and as far as i can remember, we never get any original from any RA dev team, there were better, easier and safer ways.

-= E.vil N.ever D.ies =-
    bitman
    Participant

What other ways did you get the originals?

BrainWalker
    Participant

we owned the distribution channels….

yokota
    Participant

@bitman check out this interview with subzero http://goo.gl/h8yxbw he was supplying for many of the very fast germany based groups (oks, vf, wow, paranoimia, skidrow….. etc etc) looks like he had very good connections to the various distribution channels 😉

Subzero
    Participant

#3442 BrainWalker:
    we owned the distribution channels….

hahaha, ya indeed…

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Authorization

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Registration

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Password generation