Home Forums Amiga Scene Unit A and Paranoimia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    tal/s!p
    Participant

Anyone can give informations about Unit A and Paranoimia this would be cool to read about those two groups.

BrainWalker
    Participant

what do you want to know about’em ?

tal/s!p
    Participant

How everythings started, storys, and what became their members?

BrainWalker
    Participant

Paranoimia split into Skid Row and The Company.
    Unit A become a full legal developer..just think of your prefered copier, it was done by them…they also did at least one game.

do you want more details ? come to #AmigaScne ;)

telgaa
    Participant

Hi BrainWalker,
    Didn’t know about UnitA but they sure seemed skilled back then.

And Paranoimia was World of Wonders as far as I know and their debut release was most likely DataStorm.

DeaTure

BrainWalker
    Participant

yep indeed…wow went to parainoimia. and vf startet to grow very big….
    yep unit a was very skilled back then…all known copy software was made by them….

telgaa
    Participant

Honestly i never knew anyone from Vision Factory.. So where did they come from? :)

DeaTure

BrainWalker
    Participant

germany as all good crews are from ;)))))

m0nkeyman
    Participant

ALL might be abit of an overstatement but alot of the good cracking groups came from Germany. But then we all know that all good demos come from scandinavia (with less then 10 exception).

WayneK
    Participant

What about Sweden (Horizon, Classic, FLT) and the UK (Oracle, Nemesis, Crystal) too?

telgaa
    Participant

BrainWalker: DOH! sure i knew they came from Germany :) Just i guess they been in other groups before :)

WayneKerr: I guess all in all Germany had the most dominating groups.. Except from Quartex, BS1 and such.

M0nkeyman: Surely Scandinavia were the best demo coders.

BrainWalker
    Participant

heh, some ppl get awake now, great ;)
    well, first quartex came from germany…not talking about the "reunion" quartex…sure there where other great cracking teams outside germany, but i can count them with one hand…and then again you have to ask, who cracked for them really ? ;))

heh, /me the wasp…double the trouble—twice the fun ;)

p.s.: we should make sure not to mix different decades, i.e. horizon and BS1.

WayneK
    Participant

For some reason Germany seems to have the "early adopters" technical hardcore… On Amiga HQC and many others, on the Atari ST you had The Exceptions (TEX) … I wonder what it is about .de that causes this – are there just more strange/wierd people in Germany than anywhere else? :)

m0nkeyman
    Participant

There is alot to what BW says. It quite possibly be some sort of era thing. At certain points in time there where lots of groups in France, UK, Sweden etc but there seems to always have been alot of crew in Germany (or atleast with alot of german members). For every era there has always been atleast one really good German crew while the rest come and goes.

If nothing else success does breed success. One great groups leads to more since people had falling outs or decided to change names etc for various reasons.

WK; Lots of weird people in germany? Do you really have to ask ? :)

BrainWalker
    Participant

germany is the beermacht, and as slayer already said: only beer makes it possible ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Authorization

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Registration

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Password generation