Home Forums Amiga Scene I decided to resurrect my bbs in 2018

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Phantasm
    Participant

I used a backup i had from 2000 when i closed the bbs down and i’ve set up winuae running in the cloud.

If anyone else wants to get that old /X feeling like it is the 90’s all over again…

phantasm bbs advert 2018

mus@shi9
    Keymaster

How do I access it?

SIRIaX
    Participant

as shown above:

phantasmbbs.centralus.cloudapp.azure.com:4489

To those interested in Amiga & /X Boards:
    The Edge is also back online for a while: theedgebbs.dyndns.org:1541
    and also Masturbation Station: bbs.masturbationstationbbs.com:23

Syncterm for PC is an option.

mr.spiv
    Participant

Unbeliveable.. just realized I remember a thing how to use /X…

Galahad
    Participant

Blast from the past 🙂

WayneK
    Participant

Port 4489 🙂

-TCB!-
    Participant

I finally pulled the trigger and bought an accelerated A1200 with Gotek / SD-card etc… Bit risky given (a) it’s obviously vintage equipment and (b) it had to be shipped to Singapore.

Today, it arrived and I couldn’t be happier. Been playing a few games and trying to get used to the UI and how sluggish everything appears after not having touched an actual amiga in over 20 years. How spoiled we have become with modern computers and response times!

Anyway… Just wanted to share with you guys how happy I am and this being sort of the only amiga-related community I frequent (nearly) daily, whom else would I tell?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Authorization

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Registration

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Password generation