Home Forums Amiga Scene Foxy! (aka Dominator) of The Company, Dragons, FLT, SR and so on

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    zeg
    Inactive

Must type that here. -Alcatraz BBS log 1990-
    "
    Date : Sat Dec 29 17:43:46 1990 Number: 16
    To : ALL Recv’d: N/A
    Subject: Battlestorm!!

Hey doods, I know that lamegels released it b4 us! But, please don’t
    consider i didn’t do my work fine this time. As I said to Metallica and
    yesterday to FFC (cow i knew where and when the game would be out!) I
    didn’t want to supplie this one cow Titus is the MOST dangerous software
    companie. I talked to a guy from Titus and he told me that they so proud
    of this game … Hum, ya see? But sure that the Angels crack will be
    spread like around the titus software, Hahahahaha!!!"

TCB
    Inactive

Titus was the company that organized the raid on the BS1-party in The Netherlands (Venlo?) because Titus The Fox was supposed to be released there…

Alacatraz BBS — aaaaarghhhh the nostalgia! 703-I don’remember the rest of the numbers…

esg-ibb
    Participant

Gonthar :

@Foxy
    : of course, Angels weren’t The Band… :D When we decided to burry The Band, Duncan wanted to go on.

Ahh old memories … I suppose to have traded with him since he was in THC (The Harconnen Connection) and his handle was Leto Atreids. All related to the DUNE movie.
    It’s great to find that old friends are still around. It was a pleasure to be part of the scene and to have met thousand of friends sharing same interests.
    I will post more memories as long will be reloaded from my mind!
    Enrico a.k.a. E$G of Italian Bad Boys …

Gonthar
    Participant

Italian Bad Boys… that does ring a bell! :) Didn’t I used to swap with you guys??

axis_cascade
    Inactive

yes i swap with IBB ,too but i can’t remember which person in IBB was my contact. long time ago!
    but welcome on board esg :D

esg-ibb
    Participant

Gonthar :
    Italian Bad Boys… that does ring a bell! :) Didn’t I used to swap with you guys??

Probably yes… I, from Torino and Franz from Rome we had the most of our swapping traders, but IBB raise up until about 80 members worldwide so it was hard for me to manage all the things as main organizer. In all our prods i was updating the greetz list every month and was really and hard work…. Same answer goes to AXIS. I can barely understand how can I handle so many things twenty years ago and now I find so hard to manage family / work and hobbies!
    gettin’ older!:((

Back to greetz list after losing hours in reading scrolling i was always excited about greetz even if someone forgot us or we didn’t trade with. It was a sort of respect for me.
    The main job was done between 86-92 … i got 10-15 packages a day. Then slowly my usrobotics modem took most of the work … i think most of the sceners did the same!

E$G of Italian Bad Boys

axis_cascade
    Inactive

franz from rome… !!?? i can remember a lit bit .. i’m not sure 100% but i think he was my contact in the 80’s. i remember to know this name in affair with ibb. and rome can it be.
    can not remember to trade with anyone in torino. and i swapp with nobody other in italy at this time!

the job we have done 20 years ago was "fun" . and with fun i have no problems to manage it.

for me it’s not possible to compare the scene work with the real life. the real life is harder.

-axis-

Trackah123
    Inactive

Merry christmas to all of you badass sceners :D

Greetz : Trackah123 (Amigascene.nl member)

Foxy
    Participant

@ Gonthar : The Band was prolly one of the best group at its time. Even tho’ Duncan was a rather strange guy, he surely was the real guy behind Angels. One of my mates "Megablast" (CPU, Dragons, Angels), formerly "Krapula" i think, was once part of The Band. He told us a lot of good things about this group.
    However, bringing Angels to that level was a true miracle (given the fact that the french side was full of nice but true lamers).

Anyway, the kind of spirit you’re talking about wasn’t too common anymore back in the early 90’s.
    I remember going nut at Gaston (the cracker, ex-Horizon), in Sprint (short living group) coz he refused to release our version of Turrican.
    We would have been first but he said that the very last stage was fucked up coz my original was corrupt… No 100% version, ne release. Old spirit fundamentalist that is!

Skid Row was more like … "Huh, let’s release this half cracked game so that other groups will give up their work when they’ll see our version being spread alll around. In the mean time we’ll work out some patches".

@ Trackah123 : Exactly. A little core of a few guys was the key.

@ zeg : Yup nice one. The guys at Titus Software were far from kidding. Their games sucked anyway.

heavy
    Inactive

you should write the history of the cracker scene, for a webzine, hugi, etc… B)

Gonthar
    Participant

@ Foxy: nice to read you again! Drop me a line: mace501 at hotmail dot com. We can chat outside this room, je parle français, donc auqu’un problème là! 🙂

About Duncan: if I told you what he did for a living, you’d probably go completely nuts. Same for our cracker, who remained unknown to everyone. Only about 3 people in The Band really knew him. One of the most under-recognized talents back in the 80’s. Our releases worked 100%, I can’t recollect one crack that went bad in all those years we were active in the scene…

Anywayz, j’attends avec impatience un petit mot de ta part. Je suis sûr qu’on a des choses à se raconter! 🙂

Foxy
    Participant

@ Heavy : That’s an idea ..

@ Gonthar : Mail is in the box! Hell, yeah, can’t remember a failed crack. I know that your guy was dedicated to quality. He remembers me of Gaston (Rebels, Hyperion, Fairlight). When I once left Skid Row to form "Sprint", Gaston joined us (at Sprint). The guy refused to release Turrican (we would have been first, few hours ahead) coz the END SCENE was not working (original was corrupt).
    the guy had been testing every single level to find this out and simply refused the idea of a 100% fix coming up later the same day. Very few guys like ’em around at that time.

skope
    Participant

Foxy:

Next chapter : "Loneliness and bankruptcy"

Still waiting for it… ;)

Very nice reading so far indeed!

Wack0
    Participant
    Gonthar
    Participant

Hey Foxy: never got that mail from you? Please resend: mace501 at hotmail dot com. Merci et à un de ses jours! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Authorization

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Registration

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Password generation