Home Forums Amiga Scene Foxy! (aka Dominator) of The Company, Dragons, FLT, SR and so on

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Gonthar
    Participant

Foxy :

Ok, most people only knew their official and lame french leader. The guy couldn’t speak english and was plain stupid.
    But the man behind Angels was a belgian freak who was the former leader of The Band (an oldskool cracking group).
    The guy had experience, a good cracker, some idiots slaves, modems and money.

Anecdote
    When I am talking about idiots slaves, I mean the so called french leader of Angels. The belgian guy, Duncan, found a perfect idiot in that guy. He was stupid enough to buy a game in Paris, then, when it was mfm and couldn’t be easily transfered via modems, brought the game to the cracker in belgium (with his own car). A 500km night ride (320 miles). To perform such a madness, he had to be an unemployed and full time devoted idiot. Devoted enough to bring his wife with him.This way, when he was about to fall asleep, she could drive for him.
    Oftenly, when he went back in Paris, the game was already cracked by another group :)

To be continued …

Well Foxy, I would sure like to hear the rest of the story… As a former member from "The Band", I’ve known Duncan personally, also the stupid french leader of Angels, and, basically, all the "idiot slaves" you are referring to. You’ve awoken my curiousity, so let’s hear… :)

Subzero
    Participant

Hi!… dont think he will answering!… anyways i know bob duncan too have meet him several times on copy-parties! greet him from me! if you have contact to him nowadays! anyways! bye!

Foxy
    Participant

[hr]
    Time for a new start

[hr]

There is one sure thing : Idiot losers remain idiot losers. And if the Angels guys were nice, they started being big headed. Stupid + big headed was a little too much to us.
    So, together with my old Dragons mates (Mr Video and Corsair) we decided to leave Angels.

And joined Classic.
    And left Classic (1 week later) …
    = Pause =
    Why leaving this fast growing cracking group soooo fast ? Coz I guess that they were growing so fast that they didn’t even had the time to crack the originals I had for them …
    => Play =>

So we joined Skid Row!
    Wow. That is some serious band : crackers, bbs’, cards, money, hackers all over the world, phone conferences, members, members, members, members.
    So many members that the leaders couldn’t even count them all.
    However.
    They could crack the serious load of originals that started flooding from my Amiga to their crackers’ computers (mainly FFC & Ralph, not to mention them). And that was some serious load really. No matter, they paid their crackers well enough (even tho’ some of them are still waiting for their money).
    That was getting so serious that Angels and Paradox only had very stuff left. So few that they BOTH died few months after we’ve joined Skid Row (I know they ain’t too proud of that period but if you carefully check it out, we’ve joined Skid Row around November 1990 and they died few months later).
    AAhh … Skid Row. Many people seem to remember of SKid Row like if that was some golden stuff or I don’t know.

Golden crap.
    Reign of the stinky tricks, lies and bullshit. FFC, Metallica and Banditt could probably have written the book of the scene’s most crappy methods at that time.
    Shall I mention a few ?
    Yeah, they deserve it.

Number 3 : Release the crap trick !
    We’re working on game but there seems to be some competition out there. No problem.
    FFC : "Crack is not finished but release it! Kein problem. Spread the word it is cracked and let’s spread the unachieved crack anyway. We’ll fix it later".
    Fun eh? Decent crackers gave up the game or lost their motivation. FFC released not working games and then later started spreading the fix. +1 day lamers (our Skid Row fans, or shall i say customers?) didn’t see the trick since they had no access to fast 0 days warez U.S bbs’.

Number 2 : Steal the wares :

Ah .. I liked that one. Either FFC (lame cracker) or Banditt (phreaker) pretended that they were joining your group.
    If you were stupid enough to believe this, then, they started stealing your originals off your private BBS’ or such.
    In you xss.

Number 1 : Use the phone companies or cops

How about setting up an international phone conference and then charge a member of another competitive cracking group ? Sounds ugly eh ? Nah. It just sound Skid Row.
    Not enough ? Make anonymous calls to another group’s hacker and threaten him to call the FBI.

Ok, you got my point. After just a few months in there, when we found out how stinky some of the main members were … Guess what.
    We left.

And together with some other Skid Row members, we’ve started a group call "Sprint"

[hr]
    SPRINT and the legendary LEMMINGS

[hr]

On the paper, Sprint was a killer machine :
    – Originals almost everywhere (France, UK, Germany, USA). Crackers, $$, hackers (cards, and already blue boxes), BBS’ …
    – Affordable competition (pieces of Skid row, dead Angels, most of Paradox joined Quartex, …).

But we’ve made two mistakes :
    – Someone believed that FFC of Skid Row wanted to join us (remember the ugly Skid Row tricks, lol) ;
    – I was getting big headed and no one was really controlling this.

So what happened. After a couple weeks, we’ve started getting a few originals but all seemed to go wrong. For instance, i was first to get the game "Turrican II" and sent it to Gaston (Sweden, yes one of our crackers).
    The day after he told me that after some intensive tests, the crack worked but the end sequence was missing. Since Gaston wasn’t some sort of FFC, he refused to release an not working game (hi Gaston!). I blamed him for this (Skid Row’s school) and we’ve lost him.

Ofcourse, getting another game to crack took long enough to get beaten by another group. We’ve missed Turrican II.

In the mean time, some other suppliers sent two game too FFC.
    Guess what.

They went released by SKid Row … strange eh?
    And I was warning my team mates who seemed to still trust FFC.

Short after, oh damn I caught the exclusive game "LEMMINGS".
    Lemmings was one of these games you want to crack. Some sort of legendary games that breaks into history. You know for sure that your crack intro, attached to this game, would be seen thousands if not millions times all over the world.
    What you need is :
    – An intro (ok) ;
    – The game, fast if not first (we were not only first but alone for hours if not days) ;
    – A decent cracker … hrm
    Now, I was prolly one of the first person to get the package in my hands. Excited, I was calling around to get a hold of a cracker. But no one was picking up up phone and because of me, we’ve lost Gaston.
    But we still one had one available cracker … FFC.

"Give it to FFC" they said. "You can trust that guy". And me, excited and stupid enough, i sent the game to him.

You know the rest. Skid Row cracked our "LEMMINGS". They couldn’t release the doc since i had the original in my hands. Doc in my hands and huge stuff in my butt.

And then I went nut. Really nut.

Next chapter : "Loneliness and bankruptcy"

Tone
    Participant

musashi9 :
    very interesting stuff
    do you still know any of the old amiga crackers?

it has always been my aim to have an interview page, so i can interview all the old crackers
    top of my hit list are
    I.B.M
    BlackHawk
    Eurosoft( last i heard he was doing cracks for CLASS-PC as late as 2001?)
    Bob duncan
    Phil Douglas
    ect…………

indeed a very interesting stuff to read, foxy…

to musashi: maybe you don’t know the old site IN MEDIAS RES

-> you’ll find a lot of interviews from the mid 90s with some of the most famous guyz there

Gonthar
    Participant

Well Foxy, it *does* seem that you knew your way around in the scene… :D

About Skid Row, never knew them personally, but I do know some where scum bags 🙂 But, unlike Skid Row, when we received originals from other groups, we from ‘The Band’ always mentioned the group who supplied us with the original. I remember the game called "Ring Side", which, at the time, had a new form of copy protection. Quartex were releasing "? gogo" at the time and gave us the original to have a go at it. We finally cracked (and trained) it, and let Quartex know how :D, and thanked them in our intro. Like true gentlemen do 😉

I’m looking forward to your next story about ‘loneliness and bankruptcy’. Well, after two years of hard work in the scene, with ‘The Band’ nearly always being somewhere in the top 10, came the time to think about the future. We all spent huge amounts of money, time & effort for this so called "hobby": hardware, disks, envelopes, stamps (which we re-used, of course), originals, fuel (numerous trips to Paris and London), and so on. I was still at school at the time, and the scene had already "cost" me one year. We had a last meeting somewhere end of December in 1989, and decided to call it quits. In 1987, when we were formed, we never, ever thought or hoped to ever reach the top 3, but we did it! It’s been a hell of a ride, and for those of us who really quit, came "the dark hole". it took me *months* of, let’s call it "rehabilitation", back into the ‘normal’ world.

Suddenly, I was no longer part of the scene, for which I had lived for, for two full years, in order to create "name and fame"… Ah well, it’s been over 18 years now, and thinking about that period fills me with happy thoughts of friendship, success, fun, the occasional "bump in the road", but also, and especially in the end, the constant threat of possibly being caught. We mentioned a PO box address in our intro’s for god’s sake… unthinkable these days…

Anyway, hope to hear from you soon!

banditt
    Inactive

aaaaa i see "the runner Foxy" still talks big like the old days:p:p

Banditt/Skid Row

Subzero
    Participant

he is still as lame as stupid he was back then … nice to see some more skid rowdies around!.. keep en coming!

greetings!

Axel

yokota
    Participant

hey foxy, interesting read. i hope you keep it coming….never mind the haters!

Trackah123
    Inactive

As a kid when i was 13 i got my first Amiga 500 i was always very curious about how The Scene worked. I always loved the intro’s and stuff. in the past i always thought those cracktro’s were part of the game lol since my uncle used to copy the games for me :). I not only liked the apps and games but most of all the demo’s intro dentro cracktros etc that showed the full power of amiga :D
    as a kid i used to make intro’s using Red Sector Demomaker since i couldnt program at all on it.

I really respect all of the sceners. they did a great job in the past and some of the big names i still see nowadays like Hoodlum and some others, really amazing.

The only thing that i dont like sometimes is the flaming against other teams all the time. most of the released stuff nowadays you have this .nfo file and in the file you always see stuff like "<teamname> has nuked that game/movie and we have a proper fix and you cant program at all" after that they release a fix or proper or a properproperfix. but when i read foxy’s post i see that flaming was also very active in the past :)

I always thought the great crackers from the past are so skilled when it comes to programming they probably could program a better operating system then Windows nowadays.

Im sorry if i talk nonsense since i dont know anything about the scene. but i just love you guys along with the good old amiga :D its all very interesting to read and hear.

btw nowadays i use OSDM (Oldskool demomaker) on the PC for making amigalike intro’s.. its like a PC version of Red Sector demomaker..

http://forum.deltaforceteam.de/viewtopic.php?t=2

stu
    Participant

yeh but trackah flaming is what makes the scene fun…

greetings to my UNKNOWN friends in Vitality, Hatred, Reloaded….

and to those homos in Skid Row… 😉

Trackah123
    Inactive

How about a new Group name then called "FLaMoRZ" lol (joke) :D :p

Foxy
    Participant

=> Gonthar : The Band sure rocked the early Amiga days. I wouldn’t be able to say wether it was #1 or #5 but it sure was an example for further teams (working releases, nice ole school intros, ..). Too bad Duncan wasted his time trying to rebuild somethingwith a bunch of hopeless frenchies. But that is another story and, however, he’s successfully brought to a very high point anyway.

=> Banditt : Damnit, Banditt you still there ? So hell is so full even Satan couldn’t reserve a small room for you down there.

Trackah123 : Not all the old crackers were great coders/programmers.
    Look at the Skid Row guys for instance. They plain sucked (really). But still they’ve set a low standard (like china does in our days) so to stay into competition, other groups lowered down quality of their releases. The good point is that they proved that, sometimes, germans can release poor low end products. Still, most of their members had very limited brain capacities (look at Subzero for instance. They are close to monkey’s level).

Flaming a problem ? lol. No. Narcs, traitors, cops helpers and all that crap : THAT was a problem.
    Flaming is just part of the entire game … You sometimes you respect some guys you’re flaming a lot more than some guys who are not even worth a reply.

Foxy
    Participant

Ooops .. wait, i’ve been part of Skid Row btw. :con

Ok say let’s "Paradox" instead then. :D

Trackah123
    Inactive

lol. well i can understand you dont want a traitor or a spy in your team with doing stuff like that (spreading releasing etc).. then its all based on trusting your people..:)

Gonthar
    Participant

@Foxy: of course, Angels weren’t The Band… :D When we decided to burry The Band, Duncan wanted to go on. He first joined Vision Factory, don’t remember why he left. He then formed Angels, and I think Duncan (J-C for the friends), really had a tough time with them Frenchies. He probably had a lot of stress… :satisfied But, he had his experience from The Band, so he was indeed able to bring Angels to some sort of standard. The success of The Band, was that we all worked hard to get there. From cracker, to coder, to swapper to modem freak. We were all dedicated to get the job done. And above all: we wanted to be respected by the scene for what we did: working releases, good trainers and here and there a nice intro. No flames, no half baked cracks, no stolen code and no false credits… unlike other groups we’ve known back then. We did not last for that many years, but I think we set the standard for future scene groups. Ah well, it was a nice time and I still like to think that we put Belgium on the map! (together with BS1)

And about flames, they were part of business as usual! The only group we ever had a big flame with, was Ackerlight. Somehow, they couldn’t stand our gutts. Never knew why really, and… never cared :)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Authorization

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Registration

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Password generation